This section allows you to adjust the behavior of the scanner. We recommend leaving all of these options at the default setting unless otherwise instructed.
- User / Gate. This indicates the current user account which is signed in using this scanner. Tap to see all users under your account. You can use this menu to select a different user for this device.
- Checkout Mode. Turned off by default, this setting will make the device check tickets OUT rather than IN.
- Capture Mode. Turned off by default, this setting will force the scanner to collect customer data without adjusting the scan status of a ticket, i.e., whether it is currently checked in or checked out. Once this data is collected, contact email@example.com to retrieve it. (Do not activate this setting unless you have spoken with ShowClix.)
- RFID Scan Mode. (Android only.) Turned off by default, this setting enables the ability to scan RFID tickets. Only compatible with certain devices. (Do not activate this setting unless you have spoken with ShowClix).
- Auto Brightness. (Android Only.) Turned off by default, this setting automatically adjusts the brightness to an optimal setting for scanning and preserving battery life.
- Log Out. Clears all downloaded ticket data. Do not log out until you have synced your most recent ticket data.
Please do not adjust these settings unless you have confirmed with ShowClix.
- Sync Delay Time. The frequency with which the scanner attempts to sync data with the system.
- Sync Data Up. Turned on by default. This setting determines whether data collected on the scanner will be synced to the system.
- Sync Data Down. Turned on by default. This setting determines whether new information will be downloaded from the system (e.g., new tickets sold and scan data from other devices).
- Accept All Valid Tickets. Turned off by default. When enabled, this setting will successfully check in any ticket for any selected events, regardless of other conditions (e.g., ticket was already scanned).
- Toggle Mode. Turned off by default. This setting forces the scanner to check IN any unscanned ticket and check OUT any previously scanned ticket.
- Green Light Mode. Turned off by default. This setting forces the scanner to validate any barcode, regardless of selected events. When Green Light Mode is activated, no scans — even valid ones — will be recorded in scan logs or scan stats for the device.
- Send Usage Diagnostics. Used for troubleshooting. Only for use when instructed by ShowClix.
- Reset All Data. Clears all downloaded ticket data. Only use when instructed by ShowClix.