Create a Venue
Need to create a venue now? Click here to get started.
Each event in the ShowClix system must have a related venue. Creating a venue allows us to properly set up your event page and provide your customers with easy directions via Google Maps.
- Venue Name. Enter the name of the venue. This will be visible to the public.
- Address, etc. Enter the venue's address, as well as the correct time zone. This field will automatically query Google Places’ database to locate potential matches. If your venue appears, select it, and the venue’s information will automatically appear in the venue editor. If you can’t find your venue, you can choose the Add Venue Manually option. You can also edit any of these fields, even if they were pre-populated by Google Places.
- Contact Name. Enter the primary contact for the venue.
- Venue Type. Select the type of venue: General Admission or Seated (Reserved Seating).(Please note: You must contact ShowClix to properly set up reserved seating events. See Reserved Seating for more details.)
- Capacity. Enter the venue's capacity. This capacity can serve as an optional inventory limit for any events at this venue — however, events can always have their own unique capacities, or inventory limits.
- URL. Enter the URL for the venue's website. This information is only used for internal reference and will not be used on the event page.
- Phone, Fax, Email. Enter the contact information for the venue. This information is only used for internal reference and will not be used on the event page.
- Image. Upload an image for the venue. This information is only used for your internal reference and does not affect individual event inventories.
- Seating Chart. (For reserved seating venues only.) Upload an image of the seating chart. The maximum file size is 2mb, so we recommend using PNG or JPG files.
Please note: If you are adding a new venue during the event setup process (creating new event), you will only need venue name and venue location information. The remaining options are for venues created specifically in the Manage tab.