Axess FAQ & Troubleshooting
HOW DO I CHARGE MY DEVICE?
You can charge your iOS device with an appropriate USB cable. If you are using a Linea Pro, however, the sleeve and your iPhone or iPod touch utilize separate batteries. Therefore, each device needs to be charged to work properly. To charge both devices simultaneously, attach the Linea Pro sleeve to your iOS device; then plug both the device and the Linea sleeve into a USB power source with the appropriate cables — the Linea supports mini USB. The iOS device’s remaining charge appears in the top right of the device, while the Linea Pro’s charge is indicated by series of green lights at the bottom of the sleeve.
MY SCANNER REPEATEDLY DISPLAYS TICKET NOT FOUND.
- Check DEVICE SETUP and confirm that the correct events are selected.
- Check the Stats section to check the number of tickets on your device.
- Reset your Wi-Fi connection and follow the DEVICE SETUP steps once again.
- If using the camera to scan tickets, scan the 2D QR code instead of the 1D barcode. Depending on the autofocus capabilities of your scanning device, it may have difficulty identifying the 1D barcode.
MY SCANNER DISPLAYS TICKET ALREADY SCANNED ON UNSCANNED TICKETS.
Tap Settings and make sure that Checkout Mode is disabled.
MY LINEA PRO ISN’T WORKING AND I’M NOT SEEING THE LINEA CONNECTED NOTIFICATION. (IOS ONLY.)
- Press and hold the button on the side of the Linea sleeve to activate it.
- Check Scanning Settings and make sure that Camera Mode is disabled.
- Confirm that the attachment has sufficient battery life. Check the lights on the bottom of the sleeve — if all three lights are lit when you press the small button, the sleeve is fully charged.
- Press tightly on the iPod or iPhone into the sleeve to confirm that the connection is working.
- Press and hold the battery indicator and scan buttons to reset the Linea. A series of beeps will sound to indicate that the reset has been successful.
- Disconnect and reattach the device to the attachment.
MY LINEA PRO ATTACHMENT WON’T SCAN MOBILE TICKETS. (IOS ONLY.)
Tap the gear icon and enable Camera Mode. This will disable the Linea Pro. (Some smartphone settings (e.g., brightness) and screen protectors can interfere with the Linea Pro’s laser.)
MY SCANNER’S CAMERA ISN’T FOCUSING AND WON’T SCAN BARCODES.
- Position the viewfinder further from or nearer to the barcode itself.
- If possible, attempt to scan the 2D QR code instead of the 1D barcode.
- Tap the gear icon and activate the flashlight in low-light surroundings (on supported devices).
- Some iOS devices allow you to manually focus the camera by tapping the screen while the camera is open.
- If the ticket still cannot be read, use the Search option to locate and manually check in the ticket.
I’M SEEING “RFID READY TO SCAN” INSTEAD OF THE VIEWFINDER.(ANDROID ONLY.)
Check Axess Settings and make sure that RFID Scan Mode is disabled.
I CAN'T SCAN RFID TICKETS. (ANDROID ONLY.)
RFID scanning can only be used with approved RFID chips that have been provisioned in advance by ShowClix. Please contact your Account Manager if you are considering using RFID for your event.
MY SCAN STATS SEEM INCORRECT. / MY SCANNER ISN’T SYNCING TO THE SYSTEM.
- Confirm your Wi-Fi connection is working properly.
- Visit Stats and tap Sync to force the device to sync all scan information with the system. Tap to visit another screen in the app, and revisit the Stats menu to see if the info has updated.
- Return to the DEVICE SETUP menu and follow the steps to download your ticket information again.
- Please note: Do not log out of Axess or reset the data until all data has synced.
I ACCIDENTALLY CHECKED IN EXTRA TICKETS FOR AN ORDER WITH MULTIPLE TICKETS.
Tap Search and enter the relevant customer or order information. Once you have located the order, tap the tickets checked in by mistake and tap CHECK OUT.
SOMETHING ELSE ISN’T WORKING.
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Axess. If you are using a device with iOS 7 or newer, your app will update by default. Otherwise, you will need to visit the App Store and tap Updates to see if there is a new version of the app available.
- Restart your device. If your iOS device is frozen, hold the Home and Lock buttons down until you receive the option to power off.
- Delete and reinstall Axess. For iOS devices, tap the icon until a small X appears; then tap that X to delete the app. For Android devices, you can delete the app by navigating to the Google Play Store, then selecting My Apps. Tap the Uninstall button for Axess to delete the app. Once you have removed the app from your device, you will need to download it once again from the App Store or Play Store.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you still experience issues.