Reserved Seating Events and Venues
ABOUT RESERVED SEATING VENUES
Because our team manually builds reserved seating venues into our system, we ask our clients to request the setup of a reserved seating venue. Please contact your Client Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in selling tickets to reserved seating events.
CREATING A RESERVED SEATING EVENT
Step 1: Details
- Follow the normal steps for creating a new event.
- When you get to the Venue step, select your reserved seating venue. All reserved seating venues are indicated by the [seated] note at the end of the title.
- In the Event Type drop-down menu that appears, select Reserved Seating.
- Select whether you would like to enable Seat Selection. (See Select My Seats for more information about the interactive seat map for customers.)
- Complete the rest of the fields on this page and click Save & Continue.
Step 2: Pricing
- This page automatically lists all sections for the venue, as determined by the seating chart.
- Click Edit on an individual section to enter a price for that section.
- Alternatively, click Set Price for All Sections to enter a price to apply to all seats in the venue.
- Click Schedule Price Change if you would like to enter a price adjustment to automatically occur in the future.
- Create a Discounted Price Level to offer a reduced rate for a certain type of ticket (e.g., Student, Senior).
- Click Add a Discounted Price Level and enter the name of the price level. Set the type of discount (flat or percentage) and the amount of the discount. The amount is the total reduction of the ticket face value, not the adjusted price. (These discounts can only be applied across all seats and not to individual sections. For example, you could provide a 20% discount to all student tickets, regardless of where they choose to sit.)
- Click Continue to proceed.
- Complete the remaining steps to finish creating your event.
MANAGING A RESERVED SEATING EVENT
The seating chart for reserved seating events can be managed on the View Inventory page. You can find this page for any event by visiting the Event Overview.
All changes made on the View Inventory page are automatically saved.
You'll notice that most of this page is dedicated to the seating chart for the event, displaying all sections with an indication of each seat's status:
- Reserved (via reserve code)
The following options are available on this menu:
- View Details. Click view details and click any seat to see relevant information about the seat.
- Assign Reserve Code. Use this tool to select and reserve seats for a reserve code. Reserve codes are used to give to patrons so that they can buy specific seats in the venue.
- Toggle Available / Unavailable. Use this tool to make certain seats unavailable for purchase by online customers (i.e., held). Select a single seat or click and drag over multiple seats.
- Set Seat Note. Add a note to a specific seat. This note will only be displayed internally.
- Manage Hold Types. You can enter a name and assign a color for any type of held seat that you would like to block from being sold. Typical hold types could be House Seat, Accessible, VIP or another type of seat you'd like to hold for any reason. Held seats can only be sold via the box office.
- Add/Remove Seat Holds. After you build your Hold Types, you can select the type of hold that you want to use from this drop down menu. Select your type, then click Submit. Now on the map, when you choose a seat, it will be placed in your selected hold type and be unavailable for online purchase.