Sell Tickets on Your Website (Embedded Checkout)
Need to sell tickets on your website? Click here to get started.
The Embedded Checkout feature allows you to sell tickets to any of your events on your organization's website.
Please note: You will need to have access to the HTML of your website or blog to use this feature.
- Widget Description. This will be the title of your embedded checkout widget, only visible internally. Use this to keep track of which widgets you are using, especially if you are listing your events on multiple websites.
- Template. Select a template from your available created templates to see a preview.
- Width. Determine the specific width in pixels, or a percentage of the maximum space available in whatever location you choose on your website. The height will automatically adjust, at which point you then can fill in the desired Minimum/Maximum Height. The embedded checkout feature will default to the list view when its width is 850px and under. For responsive websites, it will switch to the list view when the device or viewport is 850px and under.
- Show Template Header. Choose whether to display the header from your template on the embedded checkout. We recommend hiding the template header, since it is likely that you are already using a header on your own website.
- Show Venue Name. Choose whether to display the venue name in the embedded checkout. We recommend hiding the venue name if all of your events take place at the same venue.
- Override Event Template. Select Yes to override individual event templates when using embedded checkout. If you use a variety of custom templates across your events, this feature can help you standardize the appearance of your events in the embedded checkout on your website.
- Begin on Calendar View. Select Yes to display the calendar view by default when using embedded checkout. Choosing No will display the list view by default. Regardless of which display you choose for the default, customers will be able to switch between the two, using the buttons in the top right of the window.
- Show Events List. Select Yes to display all of your upcoming events by default in embedded checkout. Select No to open a new option, which allows you to choose a particular event to display in embedded checkout. Please note that customers will still be able to access other upcoming events by clicking View All Events—this simply changes what appears when they first visit the tab.
- Use Category Colors. Select Yes to use our default array of colors for upcoming events in the calendar view. If you choose not to activate this option, the calendar will display the color associated with each event's individual template.
- Tracking Tags can also be inserted here to track orders through embedded checkout.
Click Save Changes to complete the setup.
The event page should look similar to the below example.
FINDING YOUR CODE SNIPPET
- Click the Marketing section.
- Click Embedded Checkout.
- Click the Show Embed Code button for the embedded checkout widget you have selected.
- Note: If you experience any issues using this tool with the Wix.com platform, we recommend pasting the script within a paragraph ( <p> ) tag.