Create a Single Event
Need to add an event? Click here to get started.
Want a PDF walkthrough of the new Event Creation process? Click here to download.
- Click the Events tab in the Admin.
- Click the Create Event button.
- Click Single Event.
STEP 1: DETAILS
On the first page of the event setup, you can edit the major details about the event. (Fields marked with an asterisk are required.)
- Name. Enter the title of the event. This will be visible to any customers and visitors on your event page.
- Event URL. Enter a customized name to attach to the event page's URL. Use what’s suggested or enter your own. We’ll automatically check it against our database to make sure your URL is unique. By default, this name is the event's title without spaces or punctuation (i.e. http://www.showclix.com/event/showclix-event).
- Event Start/End. Select the date and time when the event begins. This time is relative to the venue's time zone (Optional: Click Specify end date/time to specify when the event will end)
- Online Sales Open. Enter the date / time when the event tickets will be available for purchase. (Optional: select Go on Sale Immediately to put tickets on sale as soon as the event setup is completed.)
- Online Sales End. Enter the date / time when event ticket sales will end (Optional: select Sales stop half an hour before the start date to end sales half an hour before the event starts)
- Select a Venue. From the dropdown selector, specify the venue where the event takes place. If the correct venue is not yet in the system, select the Create Venue button (See Create A Venue for more details.)
- What kind of event is this? From the dropdown selector specify the category of event. This only affects the event's placement in general search results on ShowClix's event search index.
- Event Listing Messaging. Specify if the event is Ticketed or Registration. This option affects some of the messaging your customers will see during the checkout process (e.g., "Register" or "Buy Tickets").
- Age Restrictions. Select the applicable age restriction for admission to the event. If none exists, select All Ages. You can also select Other to specify a particular age and enter a short note about the age limit.
- Privacy Settings. Select each of the privacy options you wish to enable. These options determine the accessibility of the event information in search engines and the seller homepage.
- Hide from ShowClix search results prevents your event from appearing as a result in our website’s search engine.
- Hide event on seller homepage removes your event from your seller homepage (i.e. your account’s main event calendar).
- Hide event from major search engine indexing will block your event from being indexed by sites like Google and Bing. (Please note: Because of the way these search engines crawl websites, this setting is not instantaneous. For example, if you uncheck this and launch your event, and then you check the setting later, there is no guarantee if or when your event will be removed from Google.)
- Click Save & Continue to advance to Step 2: Inventory.