Tracking Tags are codes used to monitor sales from different campaigns. A URL with a tracking tag applied will look something like this:
All completed transactions from tagged URLs are recorded. These tags are created on your account and can be applied to any event, but the tracking tag report will only show total sales per tag, not tagged sales per event.
Setting up Marketing Tracking Tags
- Visit the Marketing tab in the admin.
- Click "Tracking Tags" on the left hand navigation or in the module at the bottom of the screen.
- https://admin.showclix.com/marketing/tracking-tags - This is the page you'll reach.
- Click "Create Tracking Tag".
- Enter the tag (this will be public, added to the end of your event URL).
- Enter a description for reporting purposes (not public).
- You can also assign the tag to a specific user in the system.
- Once you have created a tracking tag, you can append it to the end of any event URL (showclix.com/event/[eventID]/tag/[yourtaghere]).
- Dynamic Tags: The tagging system allows you to bypass the tag setup process by adding [/tag/yourtaghere] to the end of your event URL. That tag will automatically be created and added to your tags menu once a sale is processed with that tag.
Tracking Tags for Coupons
If a coupon is set as Taggable: YES, the coupon code can be passed through a URL in the same format as a tracking tag and automatically apply to orders. Example:
- Coupon Code: Testcoupon
- URL: showclix.com/event/[eventname]/tag/[Testcoupon]
- When the ticket buyer clicks that link, they will be directed to the event page and the coupon's settings will automatically apply to the order.
Reporting on Tracking Tags
- Summary Exports - In the Summary Exports tab of the Report Builder, there's an option to run a Tracking Tag report, or a Tracking Tags by Date report.
- Please note: Summary Export reports are not turned on by default. If you do not see the Summary Exports tab or the Tracking Tag reports specifically, please email email@example.com so that we can turn that on for you.
- Tickets Report - You can also run a Ticket Detail Report and add Tracking Tag as a column on the report. To add the Tracking Tag column, refer to the Transaction Details section on the left hand side of your page.